What have we done?
- Helped Established one of the country’s most successful wildlife habitat protection and outdoor recreation programs in the country as a founding member of the Washington Wildlife and Recreation Coalition.
- Built a nationally award-winning Teaming with Wildlife Coalition in Washington State, helping to bring Federal resources to our state’s Department of Fish and Wildlife.
- Influenced the management and conservation of our state’s wolves, sage grouse, mule deer, Canadian Lynx and numerous other species by working on state advisory panels, engaging resource managers and providing comments on legislation.
- Developed and Operate the state’s most comprehensive outdoor education program for Women. Washginton Outdoor Women (WOW) has provided outdoor skills training for over 1200 women.
- Helped Protect critical wildlife habitat in other states: WWF commonly weighs in on important natural resource issues when the threat to those resources represent a significant loss to regional and national biodiversity. We are opposed to the Pebble mine proposed for Alaska's Britol Bay and we recently voiced our opposition to the sale of 70,000 acres of the Tongass National Forest in Southeast Alaska.
Where they're biting, where they're not
This is an interactive map that shows the best and worst places to cast a line in Washington state. It's usually updated on Mondays and Thursdays. View Larger Map
Festival features outdoors films for entertainment and advocacy - Sun, 19 Feb 2017 PST
John Latta has two ways of looking at the winter-themed eye candy coming to Spokane this week in the
Environmental penalties for fourth quarter 2016
The Washington Department of Ecology issued $380,900 in penalties of $1,000 or more October through December in 2016. A detailed list of the violations and resulting penalties is available online. Read more....
Burn ban expires in Kittitas County
The Stage 1 burn ban in Kittitas County expires today at noon as scheduled because air quality and weather conditions have improved. Read more....